The Salesforce Spring '16 Release Notes are available for preview. With over 375 pages of content to review, its a lot to cover. I created my top 10 list of new features coming in Communities.
- Communities setup is now available in the Lightning Experience.
- You can now have up to 50 communities.
- Customer community supports up to 10 million users (up from 7 million).
- Community users can see encrypted data.
Emails on Every Post for Large Communities
- Before this was disabled when the group was over 10,000 members.
- Now, only disabled when over 10,000 members in the group have selected email on every post.
- Users may have been previously switched to Daily digest and need to use Email Me to change the setting.
Lightning File Preview Player
- The same file previews introduced in the Lightning Experience are available in communities.
- A SVG based file previewer allows richer render quality on document previews - no need to download and no more tiny screen view!
- You can even preview multiple at once, without opening each file.
Edit Posts with Files or Links
- Last release introduced the ability to edit chatter posts.
- Now you can also edit posts that included files or links.
- Drive engagement by showing where users rank in the community, including their points.
- Display users knowledgeable on a topic as well as their last activity.
Enhanced Page Loading Experience
- Display a ghost version of a page until the page loads completely.
- Users previously had a blank page while waiting for a page to load.
- Enable this in the Settings area of Community Builder.
Share Wave Analytics in Communities
- This feature is now generally available. You can embed Wave Dashboards in communities.
- In Wave Analytics Settings, select Enable Wave Analytics for Communities.
- Communities users that have Analytics Cloud - Wave Community Users permission set and View Wave Analytics on Communities pages permissions can view embedded dashboards.
- Provide access by using Share from a Wave App or Dashboard. Users then have read only access and can drill into and explore dashboards.
- Security predicates still apply.
- Through the use of Topic and Subtopics, you can create a topic catalog for navigation.
- Have up to 25 topics at the top level, 10 at the subtopic level and another 10 at the sub-subtopic level.
- Use the Add the "More Topics..." link checkbox when editing the Navigation Menu in Community Builder
Extensible Aloha Template
- The Aloha template can now be extended like Koa, Kokau and Napili
- Create pages, add custom components, customize App Launcher and provide navigation
- Must update to the Spring 16 template version
Improved Insights and Lightning Dashboards
- The Community Insights Dashboard app has been updated to provide filtering by absolute and relative date range and result sorting capabilities.
- Dashboards in Community Management will appear as Lightning Dashboards in both Classic and the Lightning Experience.
- The update package will be available for download on the AppExchange after the Spring 16 release.
- You will want to map the correct dashboard version from Dashboard | Settings in your community after installing the package.
There are plenty of other new features coming in the Salesforce Spring 16 release. What are you most looking forward to seeing?